Vista Rooms provides experiences to customers at exquisite properties across India. They started as a budget hotel platform like OYO Rooms but decided to pivot their strategy, branding themselves as a luxury homestay brand.
Pranav Maheshwari is the CTO at Vista Rooms. Market conditions forced Vista Rooms to pivot before discovering their right target audience, creating, and becoming a category leader!
In this episode, you will learn:
- What was the genesis of this idea? How did he meet his co-founders? What was it like launching in a start-up space filled with well-funded competitors? How was Pranav convincing people to use Vista Rooms?
- Why did Vista Rooms decide to pivot after raising money? What were the internal and external changes that were required when shifting from selling at ₹2,000/night to ₹20,000/night?
- How did he manage to scale from 10 cities to 40 cities in just 1 year? When is Vista planning on going internationally? What was a conscious decision made by Pranav on geographic expansion?
- How has COVID-19 impacted their business operations? What are "Workcations," and how are tech founders using them? How do they ensure the hygiene Covid checklist is maintained on every property?
- What is Pravan's experience completing 5 years at Vista Rooms? How does he protect his brand from fake publicity? What is Vista's most significant achievement, according to Pranav?
Watch this episode: