Episode XLvii – Dhruv Toshniwal, Founder of The Pant Project
Most people believe that an affluent entrepreneurial family provides one a leg up in the entrepreneurial journey.
But like any star-kid will tell you, these comparisons are for the outsiders who are looking in. The reality for someone like Dhruv Toshniwal, scion to the Banswara Syntex family and now the founder of The Pant Project, is vastly different.
Watch this episode to learn:
- Why did Dhruv decide to go abroad and study finance? How did his US experience help him in his entrepreneurial journey?
- Why did Dhruv choose to move to Mexico from the US? What were his key learnings from this experience? What made Dhruv come back to India after spending 9+ years there?
- What prompted Dhruv to start from the factory floor of his family business Banswara Syntex Ltd.? How does he grow an already established business? How is Dhruv steering the Banswara ship into startup-friendly waters? What were the opportunities he came across and what challenges did he face?
- What was the idea behind building Dhruv’s first startup – Aanswr Fashion? What has been his experience working with his brother, and how do they decide the next pivot?
- What is The Pant Project? Why did Dhruv decide to move from B2B to D2C? What is Dhruv’s go-to-market strategy? How are his brands co-existing with each other?
- What’s the difference between TPP, Aanswr, and Banswara Syntex Ltd.? How does he balance running all three businesses?
- Is Dhruv expecting to raise money, and from whom? Where does Dhruv see The Pant Project in the next 5 years and what are the areas Dhruv is investing in? What is his advice to budding entrepreneurs?
Dhruv’s book recommendations:
- Zero To One by Peter Thiel
- Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Bhagavad Gita